Purpose of the Hub
The Refugees and Forced Migration Learning Hub is dedicated to collating and communicating evidence on the role of faith actors in responding to refugee and IDP needs, with a view to influencing policy and praxis. Over the coming years, the Hub will:
- Conduct an in-depth Scoping Study to map existing best practice and challenges across a range of contexts
- Begin addressing the evidence gaps and questions raised by the Scoping Study through collaboration with research projects, and by commissioning its own research
- Widely disseminate evidence, learnings and recommendations to practitioners and policy makers for implementation
The Hub Co-Chairs:
- Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh, Associate Professor (Reader) in Human Geography and Co-Director of the Migration Research Unit, University College London
- Sadia Kidwai, Policy and Research Analyst, Islamic Relief Worldwide
For more information
- See the Terms of Reference for member expectations and & Concept Note general hub information.
- The first in-person meeting was September 19, 2016 in NY.
- The hub is currently requesting feedback on the scoping study plans and recruiting persons interested in a policy subgroup.
- The hub is currently conducting a scoping study on faith and refugees & forced migration, please join the hub to stay up to date or contact the JLI Knowledge Manager, Stacy Nam- [email protected] for more information