Purpose of the Hub
The Refugees and Forced Migration Hub will narrow the focus of enquiry about evidence for faith groups’ activities and contributions to community wellbeing to selected sub-topics. The hub brings together expert stakeholders in areas related to religion, faith, migration and refugees as well as practitioners, policy makers and academics.
The Refugees and Forced Migration Learning Hub is dedicated to collating and communicating evidence on the role of faith actors in responding to refugee and IDP needs, with a view to influencing policy and praxis. Over the coming years, the Hub will:
- Conduct an in-depth Scoping Study to map existing best practice and challenges across a range of contexts
- Begin addressing the evidence gaps and questions raised by the Scoping Study through collaboration with research projects, and by commissioning its own research
- Widely disseminate evidence, learnings and recommendations to practitioners and policy makers for implementation
Refugee Hub Co-Chairs:
Associate Professor, Reader in Human Geography & Co-Director of the Migration Research Unit, University College London
Policy and Strategy Manager,
Islamic Relief Worldwide
In 2017, the JLI Refugee Hub completed the first part of their scoping study focused on the role of local faith communities in urban displacement and localization. Click the brief (right) to read the first scoping study brief and scoping report.
Current hub work
- See the Terms of Reference for member expectations and & Concept Note general hub information.
- The JLI Refugee Hub is conducting part two of the Scoping Study: places and spaces within the migration journey in 2018.
- The Hub is working on a project funded by the Luce Foundation ‘Making Research-informed Impact in Global Policy Processes’
- Additionally, the Refugee Hub is partnering with UNHCR, UCL and IRW on a project on the role of local faith communities and implementation of the global compact
- Please join the hub to stay up to date or contact Stacy Nam- [email protected] for more information