The Joint Learning Initiative on Faith & Local Communities is recruiting a Chief Executive Officer. The CEO implements the vision and direction of the JLI Board and provides leadership to, oversight and day to day management of the JLI organization. The CEO supports JLI staff and network production and communication of excellent evidence and serves as JLI primary representative in national and international fora. He/ She advocates for excellence in evidence, new approaches and new partnerships for scaled-up faith engagement in development and humanitarian response.
The CEO’s responsibilities include:
- manage JLI finances, operations, and human resources;
- grow the organization through opening new business opportunities, fundraising and marketing programmatic work;
- position JLI as a strategic knowledge partner in the religion and development space;
- gather and communicate high-quality evidence for faith groups’ activities and contributions to policymakers, practitioners, donors and secular entities in support of scaled up engagement of faith actors in development and humanitarian response;
- build and leverage joint learning exchanges and communities within the JLI Board, Learning Hubs, and guide their partnerships and their influential advocacy;
- develop strong working relationships with JLI Board and AG members to facilitate whole of JLI response, and deliver value to members
The JLI CEO reports to the Chair of the JLI Board and manages a small staff and consultants working both in Washington, DC and globally. Much of the work takes place virtually. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.